Saturday, May 12, 2007

Many Worlds, Many Treats

Cory Doctorow's Boing Boing blog started me off on this tangent today. So thank you Cory!


What this little gem is: Chad Orzel in his blog Uncertain Principles discusses Quantum Mechanics to his dog. Here is a excerpt, please click on the article title for the complete story at Uncertain Principles. It's worth it.


I'm sitting at the computer typing, when the dog bumps up against my legs. I look down, and she's sniffing the floor around my feet intently.

"What are you doing down there?"

"I'm looking for steak!" she says, wagging her tail hopefully.

"I'm pretty certain that there's no steak down there," I say. "I've never eaten steak at the computer, and I've certainly never dropped any on the floor."

"You did in some universe," she says, still sniffing.

No comments: