Sunday, September 30, 2007

Taking a trip with Journeyman

While others seem prepared to dance on Journeyman's grave, I finally got a chance to see the first episode and I will have to say, that I am if not impressed, willing to watch a few more. The time travel, if somewhat derivative is such a minor point that it would do you well to over look it. What we have is the main character finding himself oddly jumping back into the past and to the present at odd times. It seems to make no sense until he meets with his first love whom he thought was dead but seems to be a jumper much like himself. He finally figures that he is suppose to save a child's life and does so in a most unexpected way. If you have watched the show, you will remember the tool box, which I thought was a brilliant idea. What will kill this show will be the same thing that made it's very similar predecessor almost unwatchable. Inane writing and static theme. Both started off with an inventive idea and it could wind up sinking the newest. I think the fact that he continues to jump back and forth and interact with both the past and present has an interesting twist....also (excuse me but I don't see how this could work) time continues to flow in the present when he is in the past....ummmm for me that says that he isn't in the past but in an alternate universe...but that is nit picking. I think I will continue watching... give it a try if you haven't seen the first, go see it online (click the title to go to the show site)

No comments: