Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins 5/2009 release

Mark Wilson in Mark's sf/fantasy blog wrote about the newest Terminator movie:

The fourth film in the series, Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, is now slated to be released May 22, 2009. Terminator Salvation is in fact expected to launch a new trilogy of films documenting the rise of the machines, with John Connor -- the one man identified by artificial intelligence Skynet as capable of stopping them -- played here by Christian Bale. The film is directed by McG, who's best known for Charlie's Angels and Supernatural (as executive producer). The film reunites writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris from Terminator 3.

3 comments:

Beam Me Up said...

I suppose I should admit I havent seen all the Terminator movies....hell I didn't even really click on the fact that they were doing another one. I have managed to see bits and parts of 3....After 2 I just kinda lost interest....Though the argument that can be made for this series is a concept about time that I remember reading some time ago and now, I don't see a lot of people using. Have you noticed that they keep changing the time line, but Skynet seems to keep happening anyway? It's almost like time was healing itself. I remember someone once writing that time, like a fluid was very difficult to change, it keeps wanting to find its own level and fill in the "holes" as it were.So the point being, you can make small changes, but major changes seem to cancel out, keeping the "present" pretty much the same. Like say, shooting Lincoln's parents before Abe is born. But going back to find that another family member became president and carried out almost the same venue... ok, and lets not even get into the argument of "how would you know?" or do we? anyone?

Anonymous said...

I would think that travelling to the past would simply create new timelines, branching off from the 'original' one.

The new TV show isn't bad, though...

Beam Me Up said...

That's the quantum many worlds way of saying the same thing in my mind. Yes, I suppose that is one way to look at it. The backfilling could also be a bifurcation of the timeline where both instances are both true and false at the same time.