Friday, April 15, 2011

McCaffrey's Dragonriders being Deveoped for Film


Wanna hears something that will make you all gooey inside? Watchmen screenwriter David Hayter has been hired to write the script based on Dragonflight, the first book in McCaffrey's 22-book Dragonrider series!

I can't imagine a more difficult movie to make, think about it...the dragons are different sizes, colors and temperaments, they fly and more or less breathe fire (queens fight but don't chew rock) they communicate by mind speak, they teleport and we haven't even started on watchweryh or rider or herd beasts and then THREAD?..... can you say expensive boyz n gurlz? I would love to see this movie made, but like Dune, if it isn't done right there is no sense in trying at all.

So, don't know any more than what IO9 posted, but from my ears to yours...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they do it right it will be a great movie with CGI-but I would like to see "Stranger in a strange land" or even "Citizen of the Galaxy" First..

Rosehippi said...

I have loved the "Dragon Riders" series since I was a young woman.... should be up there with the rest. I hope however that they go 'all out' for this series as with "Avatar" and the "Lord of the Rings", Trilogy. This series is worth the effort.... Wouldn't hurt to make a Mini series about "Swan Song" either. It's about time they stopped remaking old movies and came up with something new.! I am sick of REMAKES. I want something New, Please!

Beam Me Up said...

Rose
Yep, i was taken with the first 3 book, opps, gave myself away@! SFBC! but still, it got me access in a cheap way. I enjoyed The ship who Sang so wanted to see what it was all about and it was a thick book and at that time, i wanted to live with characters for as long as possible. It proved to be ever so much more!