Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Review: X-Files I want to believe DVD

Directed by Chris Carter
Starring David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson,  Billy Connolly, Amanda Peet,

When I first saw this DVD on the discount shelf, I thought, well I never really got into the X Files on tvand here might be a way to gain some insight.  You see what I thought I had was a late 90s movie.  Not so, this was kind of a reboot, whats more it was from 2008!  Seems I had lucked into something original.

The film starts with an FBI search line  poking sticks in the snow, what an old many breaks through the line and runs ahead to start digging and finding a body part.  Then we are privvy to a couple of abductions that are seemingly unrealated.  From there on out we are treated to a rather odd character assortment.  I won't runin it for you by going into them all but take my word for it when I say that a pedofilic, physic preist is NOT the oddest of the bunch.

The movie is not bad from a horror movie perspective, but is that X File material?  Religious  quandary is perfectly honest grist, but X File?  There are evil scientists and evil experiments of maximum bizzarness that is bound to make you flinch but there are no aliens or evolutionary questionable lifeforms.  None of what I had come to believe that X Files were all about.  So I think it falls down on its theme, but otherwise is a flincherificmovie.  A good solid 6 for me.  just because it is suppose to be sci-fi  which it isnt  maybe sci-fi horror, but very VERY dated sci-fi.

Now extras.....LOADED UP!  Deleted scenes, diital copy, the works.  Which means yep...It was NOT a rental.  Yep, still mad about that!  So  extras?  9  for an overall 7.5...It was fun, It had alot of ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!  Plus it can be found cheap on the shelf.  
 

No comments: