Sunday, September 09, 2012

Beam Me Up episode 330 is now online


This week on Episode 330 of Beam Me Up I start by wondering if 3d printing may be a bit of blue sky reasoning. Being able to custom make parts has the potential to be quite liberrating but if we look back to a story I read in '07 from Cory Doctorow that was a chilling look into the future of 3d printers.

Next we return to New Eden for the first story of the afternoon, episode 12 of Jason Kahn's In Plain Sight. Telepathic cop Jack Garrett continues to discover very bizzare details of a micabre murder.

Hey I start a new section in Star Trek trivia, no more numbers...lots more fun!

Next from the Beam Me Up blog:

How about a review?! Yeah? Predators? Oh come on!!! Look it really wasn't all that bad! Check out my review! Xnewsman sends in a funny video copilation of Spock saying his favorite word! Why isn't this just as iconic as Bones'  I'm a Doctor, Not a ....dammit!   Prepare yourself for one of the most bizzare Terry Crews' video to date. You simply HAVE to check this interactive video out! And after that breakdown, I play a couple of excellent articles from Earth Sky. The short film Reboot by Andrew McMurry made for Little Rock 2012 48-Hour Film Project. It is a fine made little short that really should be seen to apriciate.
Finally the show this week closes with part 3 of Ed McKeown's The dive.

(I just realized that the radio version of The Dive by Ed Mckeown. This had a couple of words that needed to be censored for the radio. I totally spaced replacing the piece with the unedited one. If it really bugs you let me know and I will redo the podcast. editor)

No comments: